Wednesday, August 14, 2013


About Me
                                                                             
I am a lover of all things beautiful!
Passionate about people, style and design.

I have always been the creative type.
I was a hairstylist for years, worked in the clothing industry and then in interior decorating.

Creative types see the world differently and get their inspirations at times from things that other people may bypass.


This blog is about those inspirations. It is mostly about decorating but as I find treasures it could lead onto many different paths, be it great recipes waiting to be prepared, wines that awaken taste buds or people who captivate me and make me see life a little differently.
So come along on this journey and let's Behold The Beauty in life!


The Village of Finn Slough Steveston BC
When looking for new inspiration in interior design, one must look outside the conventional places.

Recently, my sister and I discovered The Village of Finn Slough. 

What a treasure it was!


 I loved the bicycle on the peak!




One of the things that stopped me with this village is that people live there.



rock salt
What many would pass up as a deserted village is thriving with people who have found a much simpler form of living that most. 





It was a very tranquil space and residents used found treasures to make their homes special.




It was hard to tell what came first, the truck or the bushes.
They were so intertwined, nature and metal became one! 

Everything blended into the greenery!

In this setting, even the chopped wood was art!

If one wanted to retreat from the world, this certainly would be the place.


Further down there is an inlet. It made me wonder if these were all houseboats at one time.


Not for everyone but certainly inspired me to a simpler way of living!



Here are a few more photos that give a really good glimpse into Finn Slough!











Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. It says something about a person when they can find beauty in what most might not even pay any attention to. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog and the stories told. A perfect example of the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", no doubt.

    ReplyDelete