Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Beauty of Patterned Sofas



For quite some time now I have been hoping to walk into a store and see a patterned sofa.
I remember our first custom sofa, sea foam green with dusty rose flowers. I know, I know, I am dating myself! We were so excited about it and I remember a designer tried to talk us out of it and persuade us to purchase a white one. I loved that sea foam green floral for years! Eventually it was replaced with a beige sofa, then a green sofa and now a sandy cream sectional. All very safe choices! 




Source: Tobi Fairley

As in all trends, we revisit styles time and time again but it has been awhile since we have seen big bold patterns on sofas. 

Source: Design*Sponge
I would love to have a client brave enough to include a white sofa with large brightly coloured flowers on it like this one. How happy would you be in this room from Design * Sponge? 

The Blanche sofa from Bruehl

The Blanche Sofa is a statement piece and yet not over the top. 
It is stunning with the small print wallpaper!


Design*Sponge

I love the drama of this room. The black & white rug draws your eye right to the black paisley in the sofa. From there you are drawn to the art work with a blend of all the tones in the sofa.
 Great pattern play Design * Sponge!

For those of you who are not quite so brave,
 here is a lovely subtle pattern on the Elinor Sofa from Hickory Chair. 
This photo taken from House & Home.

So where do you stand? Are you brave enough to add a patterned sofa to your design scheme? 

No comments:

Post a Comment